Welcome to the Encompass Protection website.
The www.encompassprotect.com.au website and all webpages located on this domain name are owned by MLC Limited (MLC Life Insurance) ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694, except for the Adviser Portal. MLC uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not part of the IOOF Group of Companies.
The Adviser Portal is owned and operated by NEOS Life (NEOS), a registered business of Australian Life Development Pty Ltd ABN 96 617 129 914 AFSL 502759. NEOS, as the administrator and promoter of Encompass Protection also assists MLC Life Insurance in the maintenance of the website.
- ‘our’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ mean MLC Life Insurance and NEOS together, except where the context requires otherwise;
- ‘system’ means any system of MLC Life Insurance or NEOS, including any IT system, administration system and data storage system;
- ‘website’ means the www.encompassprotect.com.au website, all webpages located on this domain and the Adviser Portal; and
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person accessing the website.
This website provides general information only and the information has been prepared by us without taking into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this you, should carefully consider whether this information is appropriate for you before acting on it.
Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) are available for the products described on this website. You should obtain and consider the PDS relevant to the product you are interested in before making any decision about whether to acquire or to continue to hold the product as it contains important information about the product, including the issuer of the product, its key features, benefits and exclusions. A copy of the relevant PDS is available on this website or can be obtained by calling 1300 476 030. Encompass Protection Target Market Determinations (TMDs) are available at encompassprotect.com.au/TMD.
If necessary, you should seek professional financial advice and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making any decision about a life insurance product.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- MLC Life Insurance owns all rights in and associated with the website and its content, with the exception of the Adviser Portal, and may modify and update the content and functionality of the website at any time without notice to you.
- NEOS owns all rights in and associated with the Adviser Portal and its content and may modify and update the content and functionality of the Adviser Portal at any time without notice to you.
- In operating and maintaining the website, NEOS may also modify and update its content and functionality at any time without notice to you.
- This website provides general information only and the information has been prepared without taking into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the content and information available on the website is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we do not provide any warranties or make any representations as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of the information available on the website.
- Subject to any terms implied by law which cannot be excluded, we will have no liability for any loss incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information available on the website.
- We may rely on third parties for information and content available on the website. We are not responsible for, and do not provide any warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, completeness, validity or legality of any information provided by a third party.
- The website is provided on an “as is” basis and we will have no liability if the website or any website content is interrupted or unavailable.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, the products, services and information on the website are prepared for Australian residents only.
- Subject to the requirements of the law, we have no responsibility for any products or services, including software, hardware or other equipment, that you use in connection with the website.
- We may collect information through technology in order to enhance our ability to serve you and to improve the products and services. Personal information or data collected through this website, including your IP address, will be treated in accordance with our Privacy Policies.
You warrant and represent that:
- You will keep any logon credentials (including your password) which authorise access to the website or any part of it confidential. Only you may use your logon credentials to access the website. If you become aware of any unauthorised access you will change your logon credentials and contact NEOS to let us know that your credentials have been compromised.
- Any data and information that you provide to us will, to the best of your knowledge having made reasonable enquiries:
- be accurate, complete and current; and
- not be misleading or deceptive.
- In accessing or using the website you will not:
- send or transmit any unlawful, offensive, abusive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate content or material;
- engage in any conduct that infringes on a third party’s rights including intellectual property rights or privacy; or
- otherwise engage in any unlawful or criminal activity.
- You will not attempt to interfere with or circumvent the security and integrity of the website, attempt to introduce any virus or harmful code into the website or any system, or otherwise attempt to use the website in a way that causes or is likely to cause the website or any system to be interrupted or damaged in any way.
Here are some of the simple things you can do to help keep your computer and personal information secure:
- Use strong passwords, don’t share them and update them regularly.
- Take care when logged in, especially in public places and when using public Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure you log out of websites when you’re finished.
- Install reputable security software that includes antivirus and antitheft/loss protection and keep this up to date.
- Keep your application software and operating system up to date.
- Only install applications from official stores.
- Think before you click and don’t open links or attachments unless you’re expecting them and you trust the source.
You can find more information about staying safe online at the Australian Government’s Stay Smart Online website.